我的第一本职场英语会话书
上QQ阅读APP看本书,新人免费读10天
设备和账号都新为新人

Unit2 职位信息广猎取

这种情景,你该怎么说?

Dialogue 1(实况对话)

A: Hello, Sunshine Investment Company. How can I help you?

A:你好,阳光投资公司,有什么可以帮你的吗?

B: This is Tom. I am calling for the secretary position. I saw the information about the vacancy on your company website. Is it still available?

B:我叫汤姆,我想就秘书一职咨询一下。我在你们公司的网站上看到招聘信息,这个职位还空缺吗?

A: Thanks for your interest. The position is still available. Have you already sent your resume to us?

A:感谢你的关注,这个职位仍然空缺,你给我们公司发简历了吗?

B: No, not yet. I want to check the availability first and see if you could give me more information.

B:还没有,我想先确认一下是否已经招满。你能再给我提供一些信息吗?

A: I would like to stress that English is a must because of the international contacts and most likely traveling abroad very soon.

A:我想强调的是必须要懂英语,因为我们需要处理国际业务,并且很可能就要去国外出差。

B: I am quite proficient in English. I am happy with traveling abroad as I am good at dealing with people from different cultures; it makes the whole job even more interesting. I will send my resume soon.

B:我的英语很熟练,我喜欢去国外出差,因为我擅长与不同文化背景的人沟通,这样的工作比较有趣。我会尽快把简历发过去的。

A: OK, I am looking forward to your resume. Bye.

A:好的,期待收到你的简历,再见!

B: Bye.

B:再见!

Dialogue 2(实况对话)

A: Hello! Is your company advertising for administrative assistant for the newspapers?

A:您好!你们公司在报纸上登广告征聘行政助理了吗?

B: Well. Administrative assistant with shorthand and typing skills are badly needed here.

B:对,这里急需有速记和打字技巧的行政助理。

A: First I want to check about the availability and see if you could give me more information.

A:我想先确认下是否已经招满,你能再给我提供一些信息吗?

B: The position calls for a person with some working experience. We must be able to benefit from your analytical and interpersonal skills. Can you deliver your resume to us first?

B:这个职位需要任职者具备一些工作经验,我们必须能从你的分析能力和与人相处的技巧中获益。你能先把简历发给我们吗?

A: Of course. I will deliver my resume to you in minutes' time. I hope you will consider my application and I shall appreciate a reply at your earliest convenience.

A:当然可以,我将在几分钟之内把我的简历投递给您。如您在百忙之中能早日回复,我将不胜感激。

B: OK. I will call you soon. Bye now.

B:好,我会很快给你回电话的。再见!

A: Bye.

A:再见!


经典句型你会吗?

职位信息

1. Administrative assistant with shorthand are badly needed here.

这里急需有速记和打字技巧的行政助理。

2. Here is a job which offers you an opportunity for advancement.

这里有一份给你提供提升机会的工作。

3. We have a position for an interpreter.

我们有口语翻译一职。

4. We want a person who is able to be responsible for banking

management.

我们需要一个能够负责银行管理方面的人。

5. The position calls for a person with some working experience.

这个职位需要任职者具备一些工作经验。

6. We must be able to benefit from your interpersonal skills.

我们必须能从你与人相处的技巧中获益。

7. Our college needs an English instructor.

我们学院需要一名英语教师。

8. We required a staff with the working experience in a foreign company.

我们需要一名有外企工作经验的员工。

9. You begin as a manufacturing trainee, and you will become a line supervisor eventually.

你要从见习生产员做起,最后可能会成为生产线主管。

10. The job is only open to those with over five years' experience in retail.

该职位只面向有5年以上零售经验的人进行招聘。

11. More weight is given to a candidate's proven abilities for the job.

优先考虑求职者的工作能力。

12. Ability to work on the night shift is a distinct advantage.

能上晚班者优先考虑。

13. There is a vacant position for a design engineer in the engineering department.

工程处需要一名设计工程师。

询问职缺

1. Do you have any vacancies for fulltime staff?

你们这里需要全职员工吗?

2. Is the position still available?

这个职位还空缺吗?

3. I'm calling to inquire if your company has any openings.

我打电话想询问贵公司是否还有职位空缺。

4.I would like to find out more about the opening.

我想知道空缺职位的详细资讯。

5. Do you need to employ a dependable secretary?

你们需要雇用一名可靠的秘书吗?

6. Would you let me know if your company needs an English editor?

能否告诉我贵公司是否需要一名英语编辑?

7. Do you need anyone with a Business English background?

你们需要有商务英语背景的人才吗?

8. What are the requirements for the teaching position?

这个教学职位的必备条件是什么?

9. Do you want an experienced software engineer?

你们需要一名有经验的软件工程师吗?

10. What are the qualifications you are requesting for the position?

这个职位要应聘者具备什么样的条件?

11. I'm calling in reference to your assistant position.

我打电话想询问有关助理职位的事。

12. I'm enquiring about your advertisement about your need for a cashier.

我想询问关于招聘出纳员一职的广告。

13. Is your company advertising for administrative assistant in the newspapers?

你们公司在报纸上登广告征聘行政助理了吗?

14. I want to check about the availability.

我想先确认下是否已经招满。

求职意向

1. I'd like to work in a government office.

我想在政府机关工作。

2. I want to collect some information about teaching positions.

我想收集一些教学职位方面的信息。

3. I am looking for a position as a computer programmer.

我正在谋求计算机程序员的职位。

4. I want to stay in accounting.

我想待在会计行业。

5. I'd like to get involved in programming.

我希望从事编程工作。

6. I am hunting for a job with health insurance and a paid vacation.

我正在找一份有健康保险和带薪假日的工作。

7. I want to do a job that can use my professional skills.

我希望做一份能用上我专业技能的工作。

8. I want a complex job to challenge myself.

我想要一份复杂的工作来挑战自己。

9. I want a well-paid job.

我想有份高薪的工作。

10. I expect to operate computers.

我想操作电脑。

11. I want to apply for a job which will enable me to use my knowledge of computer.

我想应聘一份能保证我运用电脑知识的工作。

12. I want a job in which I can use my English skill.

我想从事一份能够用上我的英文技能的工作。

13. I'm looking for a job with prospects of promotion.

我正在找一份有晋升前途的工作。


核心单词要牢记

assistant [əˈsistənt] n. 助理

opportunity [ˌɔpəˈtju:niti] n. 机会

shorthand [ˈʃɔ:thænd] n. 速记

benefit [ˈbenifit] v. 受益,得益

advantage [ədˈvɑ:ntidʒ] n. 优势

cashier [kæˈʃiə] n. 出纳,收银员

insurance [inˈʃuərəns] n. 保险

promotion [prəˈməuʃən] n. 晋升

职场小贴士

格言

1. True mastery of any skill takes a lifetime.

对任何技能的掌握都需要一生的刻苦操练。

2. Sweat is the lubricant of success.

汗水是成功的润滑剂。

3. If you are doing your best, you will not have to worry about failure.

如果你竭尽全力,就不用担心失败。

4. Energy and persistence conquer all things.

能量和坚持可以征服一切事情。

5. Bravery never goes out of fashion.

勇敢永远不过时!