我的第一本职场英语会话书
上QQ阅读APP看本书,新人免费读10天
设备和账号都新为新人

Unit2 如何归档文件

这种情景,你该怎么说?

Dialogue 1(实况对话)

A: Please file all the reports for me.

A:请替我把这些报告归档。

B: OK. Would you like to file them according to dates?

B:好的。你要我按日期顺序归档吗?

A: Yes. Will you also make copies and file them using both methods?

A:是的。请将档内文件复印好,然后以两种方式各归档一份,好吗?

B: Yes, I will.

B:好,我会的。

A: Good. Can you please also list all the documents in those old files?

A:非常好。你能为这些旧档内的所有文件编目录吗?

B: When do you expect it to be finished?

B:你希望我何时完成?

A: Before next Friday will be fine.

A:下周五之前完成就可以。

B: All right.

B:好的。

Dialogue 2(实况对话)

A: Julia, did you find those files I requested?

A:朱莉娅,你找到我要的那些档案了吗?

B: I'm sorry. I couldn't find any information on that company, even though I checked all the cross-references. I don't think it's here.

B:对不起,尽管我查了全部对照表,仍未找到和那个公司有关的任何资料,我想这儿没有。

A: I'm almost sure that information was filed.

A:我几乎可以肯定,那份资料已经存档了。

B: Would you like me to checked again under a different heading?

B:让我在别的项目下再查查,好吗?

A: Yes, in fact, I believe I asked you to put it in Mr. Zhang's files.

A:好吧,事实上,我相信我让你把它存在张先生名下的档案中了。

B: Maybe that's why I couldn't find it.All the information on Mr. Zhang's correspondence is filed under“Z”.

B:也许那就是我没有找到的原因,所有与张先生来往的信件都归在“Z”字母下。

A: Then be quick, please.

A:那就抓紧时间找吧。

B: By the way, I'm going to clean out all the old files tomorrow. Would you like to look through any of them before I throw them away?

B:顺便说一下,我准备明天把所有的旧档案都清理一下,在我把它们处理掉之前,你还要审核一遍吗?

A: Of course. But first of all, fetch me those Mr. Zhang's files right now.

A:那当然了。但首先快帮我查张先生的档案吧。

B: Yes, sir.

B:好的,先生。


经典句型你会吗?

找文件

1. Fetch me those files right now.

马上把档案拿给我。

2. Have you found the files I need?

你找到我要的档案资料了吗?

3. Did you look up those files I requested?

我要的那些档案资料都找到了吗?

4. We can't afford to lose an important document.

我们丢不起任何重要的文件。

5. Would you like me to check again?

让我再查一查,好吗?

6. I couldn't find the information even though I checked all the cross-references.

尽管我查了全部对照表,仍未找到有关的资料。

7. I've got the list here.

我已经把单子整理出来了。

存档

1. Please file all the reports for me.

请替我把这些报告归档。

2. Please put the document in the file cabinet.

请把这些文件放在档案柜里。

3. Can I get you to update these files?

你可以把这些档案更新吗?

4. File the reports both ways.

将报告依两种方式各归档一份。

5. Will you also make copies and file them?

请将文件复印好,然后归档,好吗?

6. Would you like to file them according to dates?

你要我按日期顺序归档吗?

7. The most important one is kept in that file.

最重要的那份存放在那个文件夹里。

8. I will keep a file of letters so I can get the one I need quickly.

我把信件归档保存,一旦需要就可以立刻找到。

9. All the information on the company is filed under“C”.

所有关于那个公司的资料都归在“C”字母下。

10. Which folder do you want me to file this in?

您要我把这个文件存在哪个文件夹里?

11. How should the filing materials be sorted into order?

要入档的材料如何分类呢?

12. Outgoing and incoming correspondence is kept in the file.

发出和收到的信函都存在那个档案里了。

13. To file under the name of the firm will help keep the relevant documents together.

在公司的名称下归档可以把有关的文件放在一起。

14. Keep the documents in each file in chronological order.

将每个文件夹中的文件按年月顺序排列归档。

15. I can't quite follow the Filing Instructions.

我不太懂《归档规定》。

16. I will duplicate them and file them both ways.

我会复印一份,然后用两种方式各归档一份。

档案管理细则

1. Always file letters from the same customer in the same file.

永远将同一客户的信件归在同一档案中。

2. We should place papers squarely on the files.

我们要将文件整齐地平放在卷宗里。

3. All papers need sorting out.

所有的文件都得分类。

4. Don't forget to lock the filing cabinets at the end of the day.

记住下班前一定要把档案柜锁好。

5. People can find the most recent documents on top.

人们可以在档案最上面找到最近的文件。

6. One-customer-one-file is the essential principle in the management of files.

按客户分类是档案管理的基本原则。

7. “One customer one file”is the rule.

“一户一卷”是立卷的规定。

8. Each file should be named clearly.

每个档案都要名称清晰。

9. The essence of filing is to file all related papers to a particular subject.

归档的要素是把所有的相关文件归入一个特定的编目内。

10. Remove paper clips and pins.

要去掉回形针和大头针。

11. Punch papers evenly so that they lie squarely in the folder.

文件打孔要一致,以便使文件在文件夹里平整。


核心单词要牢记

according [əˈkɔ:diŋ] adv. 根据,按照

expect [iksˈpekt] v. 预期,期待,盼望

heading [ˈhediŋ] n. 标题

document [ˈdɔkjumənt] n. 公文

clip [klip] n. 回形针

folder [ˈfəuldə] n. 文件夹

classify [ˈklæsifai] v. 把……归类

punch [pʌntʃ] v. 在……上打孔

index [ˈindeks] n. 索引

职场小贴士

格言

1. Do nor for one repulse, for go the purpose that you resolved to effort.

—Shakespeare

不要因为一次挫折就放弃你原来决心要达到的目标。

——莎士比亚

2. Today's opportunity erase yesterday's failures.

—Gene Brown

今日的机遇可抹去昨日的失败。

——吉恩·布朗

3. You have to pay the price but if you do you can only win.

—Frank Leahy

为了成功,你必须付出代价。如果你付出了代价,你就会成功。

——弗兰克·莱希

4. Meet success like a gentleman and disaster like a man.

—Birkenhead

优雅地迎接成功,勇敢地面对挫折。

—— 伯肯黑德