Lesson 16 Reply to Enquiry 对询盘的答复
对卖方来说,询盘意味着贸易机会,因此,要及时、礼貌地答复。要注意的是,如果出口商不能提供询盘的商品,最好不要一开始就直接说NO,而是应该比较婉转地表达,比如解释不能提供商品的原因,保证当商品可供出口的时候有限地考虑进口商询盘或者推荐其他商品等。
(1)肯定答复
Dear Sirs,
We welcome your enquiry of 5th January and thank you for your interest in our embroidered linen products.
As you may be well aware,we are a state-operated corporation handing this line of business for many years. So we are in a good position to serve our customer with the most reliable quality of the line you suggested.
We can make products according to the given designs and produce the designed goods in large quantities.
We are enclosing our illustrated catalogue giving the details you ask for. Also,under separate cover,we are sending you a full range of samples and,when you have a chance to examine them, we feel confident that you will agree that the quality of material used and the high standard of work-manship will appeal to the most selective buyers.
We hope the catalogue and samples will reach you in good time and look forward to your order.
Yours very truly,
Words List
reliable a. 可靠的,可信赖的,确实的
design n. 设计
standard n. 标准,水准,规格,规范
workmanship n. 手艺,工艺,工作,质量,做工
Notes
1.welcome
1)a. 受欢迎的(只用作表语),可用于任何语体
You are welcome.
欢迎欢迎,别客气,不用谢。
You are welcome to(use)any book here.
你可随意使用这里的书。
2)v. 欢迎
Welcome in New Year.欢欢喜喜迎来新年。
2.aware a. 知道的
1)后接介词of或 that引起的从句
We are aware of the change in the market.
我们看到了市场的变化。
We are aware that the market has changed.
我们看到市场已有变化。
2)后接how,what,where,why引起的名词从句时,介词of常常省略。例如:
We are not aware(of)how they did it.
我们不知道他们怎样做的。
We are not aware(of)what has taken place.
我们不知道发生了什么事情。
We are not aware(of)why you have not opened the L/C.
我们不知道你方为什么还没有开出信用证。
3)aware表示程度时,不用very,习惯上用well,fully。例如:
We are well(fully)aware of its importance.
我方充分认识其重要性。
3.state n. 国家,状况,形势
state bank 国家银行美洲银行
state credit 国家信用
state loan 公债
state of business 经济情况
state ownership 国有制
state revenue 财政收入
state tax 国税
state treasury 国库
This particular cloth should be in a grey state for future dying by our factory.
此种布匹需要是原色,以便将来由我方工厂染色。
4.operate v. 经营,起作用
Buyers are not disposed to operate at present.
买方目前无意经营。
They are operating on a large(small)scale.
他们正在大(小)规模地进行业务。
A number of causes operated to bring on this question.
有许多因素导致提出这个问题。
5.reliable a. 可靠的
We have obtained the information from reliable sources.
我们从可靠来源获得了这项消息。
The new product is more reliable and lower-priced.
新产品更加耐用,并且定价很低。
They are reliable buyers.
他们是可靠的买主。
6.quality
1)n. 质量
Quality is the essence of this order.
质量是这笔订货的关键。
If the quality of your initial shipment is found(proves)satisfactory,large repeats(repeat order)will follow.
如果你们第一笔运来的货令人满意,随后将有大批续订。
We would like to have you offer us 110 metric tons;the same quality as last(equal to last, equal to previous shipment,equal to sample,as per sample).
我们希望你能报给我们110吨质量与上次相同(和上次相等,和以前的相同,和样品一样,符合样品)的货。
The goods are available in various qualities.
此货有各种不同的质量可以供应。
2)quality有时可用作形容词表示“高质量的”。
This is a quality product.
这是一种高质量的产品。
7.suggest v. 提出,建议(后接名词、动名词或that引起的从句)
We suggest a slight alternation.
我们建议略加变动。
If you can suggest anything,we shall quantity for trial.
如果你们有所建议,我们将乐于听取。
We would suggest you buying a small quantity for trial.
我们建议你们试购一小批。
We suggest that you should make another try.
我们建议你再试一次。
We suggest that your client should check over his records.
我们建议你们的客户检查一下他的记录。
We suggest that the quantity should be increased to around a hundred tons.
我们建议将数量增加到大约一百吨。
辨析:suggest和 propose
suggest通常指建议别人做的事;propose则通常指自己打算做的事。例如:
I propose to make an early start tomorrow.
我打算明天早早出发。
8.according to 按照,依据
According to what the buyer says,the price will go down further.
据买主说,价格将进一步下跌。
According to information received,there are more buyers than sellers.
根据收到的消息,买主多于卖主。
9.design n. 设计,图样,图案 v. 设计
It is very important that the design of our ordered goods be exactly the same as that of the sample we sent you.
所订货物花样须与我们寄给你们的样品完全相同,这是非常重要的。
All particular for designs,colors and sizes are given on the enclosed order form.
有关图案、颜色和尺寸等细节见所附订单。
Dalian Advertising Company can design advertisement according to data given by customers.
大连广告公司可按顾客提供的资料设计广告。
10.standard n. 标准
The goods are above(below)standard.
此货物超过(低于)标准。
Your shipment is up to the standard.
你们发来的货物合乎标准。
We have set a high standard for the quality of our goods.
我们为我们货物的质量规定了高标准。
standard of workmanship 工艺标准
according standards 会计标准
cost standard 成本标准
financial standard 财务标准
product standard 产品标准
standard job cost hour 标准人工小时
up to the standard 合格达到标准
11.appeal v.
1)引起兴趣(后接介词to)
We trust these new products of ours will appeal to your market.相信我们这种新产品将会引起你方市场的兴趣。
2)appeal to sb. to do sth. 呼吁某人做某事
They appealed to the public to help the distressed children.
他们呼吁公众帮助受难儿童。
12.select v. 挑选
We have selected Type 80 and would like to order 15 tons for trial.
我们已选中80型,愿试订15吨。
select a. 精选的
This is a select quality.
这是精选的质量。
selected a. 有选择的,淘汰的,挑剔的
辨析:select,elect,pick与choose
select指大范围的挑选或选择中所需的对价值的鉴别力或辨别力;elect着重表示审慎的挑选,特指在两者之间或在许多有可能性的东西或人中仔细挑选一些;pick指根据个人的意愿仔细挑选;choose指判断的行为和采用或采纳所确定的事物。例如:
The chairman of the board of director was elected by ballot.
董事会主席是从不记名投票中选举的。
I don't know which of the three dresses to pick,I like them all.
我不知道选这三件衣服中的哪一件,这三件我都喜欢。
These samples are for you to choose from.
这些样品是供您选择的。
13.in good time,in due time
at the right and proper time 及时的,按时的
We have received your letter of credit in due time(in good time).
我们已经及时收到贵方信用证。
We expect to receive your shipping advice in due time.
我们盼望早日收到你方的装船通知。
We shall send you our Sales Confirmation in due time after receiving your confirmation of acceptance.
得到你方对于接受的确认后,我们将及时寄送销货确认书。
(2)否定答复
Dear Sirs,
We were very pleased to receive your letter enquiring about our woolen sweaters.
However,we regret to inform you that we are not in a position to cover your need for woolen sweaters. Once our supplies are replenished,we shall be pleased to revert to this matter.
Looking forward to your more enquiries.
Yours faithfully,
Notes
1.enquiry about sth. 对……发出询盘
2.We regret to inform you that…. 很遗憾,我们不得不通知你方……。
3.cover your need 满足你们的需求
4.Once our supplies are replenished,we shall be pleased to revert to this matter. 一旦我们能够提供该商品,我们将非常高兴重提此事。
replenish v. 补充,重新装满。例如:
She replenished her wardrobe. 她添置了衣服。